Systems Engineer - Linux
Company: CompuScienceIT, LLC
Location: St Louis, Missouri
Close Date: 12 Months +
The manager stated the following are the main focus of this position: Heavy Linux, Cisco UCS, VMware ESX, Red hat Satellite, Scripting skills, and Windows.
Make sure these items are featured on candidate resumes.
• Provides operational support and life-cycle management of the hardware and software infrastructure supporting core business applications that have direct revenue, cost, or productivity impact on the corporation.
• Ensure the effective, secure and regulatory compliant operation and administration of company’s IT resources and consistent integrity of the various systems of data.
• Assist in the development of strategic technical direction for corporation within area of expertise concerning product mix, upgrade/transition strategies, new product/feature exploitation, and various technology solutions to improve and enhance overall business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
• Research new developments and trends in the computer industry to maintain professional expertise to assist in technology planning and influence the technology standards used by the company.
• Apply existing and emerging technologies to business problems to create practical solutions and efficiency opportunities.
• Provide technical training/assistance to computer users, operations staff and development personnel due to changes in hardware/software components.
• BS Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree required. Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience without the academic requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of VMware ESX, and VMware vCenter, VMware configurations utilizing clusters, resource groups, and DRS configurations.
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco UCS Chassis configuration, UCS Central and UCS Blade servers as well as Dell Servers.
• Basic Understanding of Fibre attached and Network based Storage.
• Ability to rack, stack and manage servers.
• Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Windows Operating System in a physical and virtualized environment.
• Knowledge of RedHat Linux in a physical and virtualized environment.
• Scripting Skills in Power Shell or other languages a plus.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment to produce outstanding results. Strong written and oral communication skills
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869