Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer
Company: CompuScienceIT, LLC
Location: St Louis, Missouri
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: 4-12 months
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer manages an enterprise scale infrastructure project from inception and ROI analyses through design, execution and transition to data center operations.
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer directs teams and drives overall vision according to the team's goals.
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer typically focuses on a single project or on parts of multiple projects.
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer focuses on providing governance and management of the projects.
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer also works as a liaison among major stakeholders to validate design and plans for execution and transition.
• The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer understands the context in which the project is being launched and develops solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals and overall business strategies.
• Possess an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
• Manage efforts affecting large-scale, highly complex, cross-functional / platform environments
• Typically spends majority of time providing direction across large teams at all levels but capable of solid individual performance when required. Shares knowledge, coaches, and mentors others in area of expertise
• Ability to perform functions at all levels of a process. Will serve as technical lead in area of expertise. Will have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others. Possess excellent communication and relationship skills.
• Comfort ability interfacing with director level management for technical briefings, status reports, etc.
• Planning, designing, managing and documenting delivery of infrastructure technologies supporting a complex and heterogeneous corporate data and voice infrastructure using standard methodologies (ITIL, risk management, project management, and TCO calculation) to ensure reliability, security, recoverability and cost effectiveness of all designed and delivered solutions
• Plan, design, and manage technical implementation of systems and network integrations with clients, business partners, suppliers and subsidiaries. Collaborate and communicate with resources in Application Development, CTO, Operations and Business organizations to deliver infrastructure that meets the needs of stakeholders
• Maintains subject matter expertise over Mule, WebSphere, MQ, Tomcat, Datapower, Broadvision
• Application development background
Candidate should be enthusiastic about liaising between multiple application teams to educate, train and advocate standards adoption (good communicator)
• Over 10 years of experience in infrastructure engineering
• Expertise in multiple domains of infrastructure including Networking, Virtualization, End User Computing, Remote Applications Access, Information Security, Telephony/CTI, IBM Z-series, Middleware, Relational Databases, and e-business platforms
• Expertise in systems performance measurement and troubleshooting
• Experience with development methodologies is highly desired
• Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success
• Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate large cross functional meetings
• Promote consensus on a high level view of the project and drill down into the details to obtain the requirements. Perform thorough requirement interviews with project stakeholders. The ability to analyze and develop business scenarios and use cases. Conduct comprehensive requirements reviews with project stakeholders, development and QA teams Creating process flows and diagrams necessary to assist the requirements gathering process
• Ability to document project issues, risks, assumptions and requirements
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
• Follow policies and procedures to ensure audit and corporate compliance
• Consistently deliver project status and time tracking regularly to management
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
Job Code: ES IT
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869