Network Data Engineer
Location: St Louis, Atlanta or Lisle, Il
Close Date: 3 years
• The fast paced and very demanding position requires an operations/networking background combined with structured thinking, following best-practices, and established guidelines.
• This includes knowledge of complex circuit/networking issues and routing problems, a knowledge in network design and maintenance, and an overall understanding of the IP transport principles.
• Also required is an understanding of emerging technologies and network security policies and standards.
• The candidates are required to assist with developing automation tools and programming rules to manage daily routines.
• Candidates applying for these positions will need to possess a very broad technical knowledge and understanding of large scale, LAN/WAN networks.
• Responsible for providing custom data network operational support, design, engineering, and planning for complex global data network and communications projects involving TCP/IP and related protocol connectivity for networks supporting company customers in a 7x24 environment.
• Responsible for the management of the interoperability between Cisco and Juniper Layer 3 Platform, through the use of alarm and ticket systems, individual designed customized scripts, customer notification, and Business Partner escalations.
• Responsible for deploying new routers, switches, and trunk capacity as well as configuring them.
• Responsibilities include providing real time in-depth analysis and real time trouble resolution of incidents associated with the CISCO, Juniper, and associated Operations Support Systems, and Data Communications Network Technology platforms.
• A Cisco CCNA certification (or equivalent: Juniper JNCIA / VMWARE certification etc.)
• Technical skills and experience implementing and troubleshooting Layer 2 & 3 switch/routing technology configurations, all aspects of h/w capacity upgrades and s/w code upgrades on Cisco (IOS, XR), Juniper (JunOS) & Arista (EOS) platforms
• An understanding of Compute and OpenStack environments, as well as an understanding of Network Functions Virtualization concepts
• An understanding and experience of Linux, KVM & ESXi hypervisors & VMWare vCenter
• A minimum of 3 years technical experience
• Required Maintenance window work. 12:00am – 6:00am
• Strong communication and ability to lead maintenance window conference calls
• Diligent and Organization skills to competently follow MOPS (Method of Procedures)
Job Code: 31880
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869