Technical Product Owner 32746
Location: Franklin Lakes, NJ
Status: Contract to Hire
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: Contract to Hire
11/27/17 – 12/31/18, contract to hire
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Sr. Technical Product Owner
The Senior Technical Product Owner (Sr. TRO) uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex technical functional requirements for a complex product – these are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business tasks.
• Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired business impact; while providing thought leadership to Program Governance activities such as prioritization and negotiating with stakeholders on backlog priorities.
• Responsible for owning the technical roadmap and non-functional requirements for product (e.g. page rendering times, how long it takes to log in, response on service calls).
• Work with disparate business groups to optimize business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
• Create, evolve and communicate feature area specifications that form cohesive, iterative plans that align to the multi release vision.
• Write Definition of Ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
• Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams. Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle and previous experience.
• Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health; integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity); enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated)
• Focus on reducing tech debt when value can be measured in efficiency and quality metrics
• Provide quantitative data reflecting the scope and impact of the job – such as budget managed, sales/revenues, profit, clients served, adjusted scripts, etc.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
Additional Info from HM:
- Temp-to-hire opportunity
- Phone or in-person interviews
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 8-12 years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
• Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary
• Computer or Other Skills: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
• Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential
• Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen
• High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment
• Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering
• Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
Job Code: 32746
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869