Lead Technical Consultant - Java - 32340
Location: St Louis
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: Contract to Direct
- Knows Java and industry best practices for engineering inside and out (a true expert)
- A Team Player...in it for Everyone
- A constant study...always looking to gain knowledge and improve
- Candidate has to be able to come into the office, cannot work remote
- Position is Right to Hire
- No Testing necessary for the position
- There will be a 30min-1hour phone screen. Then if selected for next round, there will be a roughly 3 hours interview in person. The in-person interview will consist of a panel that will ask questions including, but not limited to, resume and experience, behavioral, Java theory, Java on dry erase board, system design/architecture, and industry best practices.
- Also, if you have any top notch candidates that are above the max bill rate, please feel free to present and it will be reviewed by KellyOCG and the Manager for approval.
8/21 Koichi Iwata organization - These are definite Contract to Hire positions. ESI is very willing to transfer H1B visas. ESI will be making conversion offers as soon as 2 months into the contract and no later than 6 months into the contract. Sub companies MUST be willing to release their contractors from any non competes.
The IT Technical Consultant / Sr. Software Development Engineer uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. Leads work groups that are responsible for software development, design and quality testing. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. The Sr Software Development Engineer will maintain these programs by coding, testing, and debugging documents. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
• Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple backlog items for an application family.
• Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions
• Function as team leader for a large or complex unit with accountability for: Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible. Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area. Implement actions to increase company and vendor partner knowledge on team. Serve as SME for components of the team.
• Partner with architects to set direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the company environment.
• Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites. Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
• Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
• Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years at company
• Knows Java and industry best practices for engineering inside and out (a true expert)
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives; Strong customer service focus
• Experience working with Cloud based technologies
• Experience in core Java, SOA, web services (REST and SOAP), Spring, hibernate, Unix, JMS, MQ, Oracle and Java code quality tool set
• Experience working in Agile Teams
• Experience and strong knowledge of DevOps (CI/CD)
• Experience with cloud or Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
• Strong familiarity with current industry standard tool sets
• Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
• Familiarity with health care or PBM industry
• Familiar with working in a vendor partner model
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
• Strong mentoring skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
• Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams
• Experience and knowledge in Enterprise technology transformation is a strong plus
Job Code: 32340
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869