Project Manager 1141
Location: St Louis, Mo
Status: Contract and Contract to Perm
Close Date: Contract to Direct
Job Profile Summary - PMP certified preferred.
Technical Project Manager II is responsible for the overall management and execution of operational, technical and client projects. Project Managers will adhere to a common PM methodology, templates and tools that provide a portfolio view of projects and track metrics. This position will typically manage most aspects of operational, technical and client projects. The PM is responsible for directing, planning and coordinating activities of projects.
PM is responsible for operational, technical and client projects from initiation to closing. They are expected to utilize their knowledge and training to determine the degree to which steps of the process apply for each unique project. They are expected to have strong organizational and coordination skills, have project coordination/management experience, and the ability to multitask. An ideal candidate for this position possesses strong communication skills, is persuasive, considers others viewpoints, organized, follows through, willingness to change and adapt, and possesses required project management knowledge.
Works closely with all Technical Project Manager’s, project team members and management.
Projects may involve work with business units. Works with periodic direction and supervision by management.
25% - Responsibility for the overall management and execution of operational, technical or client facing projects. Responsibilities include: Define and scope the project. Work with the team to identify key project milestones, activities, and ensure project schedules are established. Obtain required approvals from appropriate management and stakeholders.
50% - Ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to work all project activities and the team establishes needed guidelines to run effective meetings and build a strong team relationship. Utilize project management practices and procedures. Document, track, and address issues and changes. Ensure development of all project deliverables in a quality and timely manner; including needed production turnover documentation for on-going operations. Manage the financial performance of the project by ensuring the project deliverables achieve the most cost effective solution and provides the right level of value for the client. Monitor progress of all project activities.
25% - Communicate project status to sponsors/stakeholders. Recognize and celebrate team accomplishments as well as escalate issues to Project Sponsor and/or management when appropriate. Identify, evaluate, and document “lessons learned” during the project and establish and share as best practices.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus or equivalent experience. PMP certified preferred.
2. Technology-related project management and/or business experience.
3. Considers feasibility of project through analysis of timeframe requirements, resources needed, procedures to accomplish the project, estimated expense and justification of technology recommendations.
4. Thorough knowledge of project phases and goals accomplished within each phase (including requirements gathering, analysis and design, release and versions control, and deployment management). Intermediate knowledge of project methodology tools. Ability to determine which steps and phases of process apply to each unique project.
5. Previous experience with Project Management in a large organization dealing with diverse groups within that organization. Solid understanding of project methodology, IT Technologies and project management tools.
6. Five + years technology-related project management and/or business experience. Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously. Have some knowledge of program management and can articulate differences between Project and Program management. Ability to present project information (scope, timeline, general status) in a concise, summary view.
7. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and is self-motivated, creative, and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems. Highly adaptable to changing environment with the ability to quickly grasp and understand technical issues.
8. Plans, conducts, and may supervise assignments. May create or recommend changes in procedures. Works under general supervision or direction. Work on projects is moderate to difficult regarding complexity. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical and business related concepts.
Salary conversion up to $105K.
Job Code: 1141
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869