Program Manager - New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Salary: up to 90 Hr
Close Date: 6-12 months
Pay rate up to 90.00/hour
Local candidates only, no remote, no per diem
6 months initial duration, extension expected
New Orleans, LA
Responsible for the tracking and reporting of Enterprise project activities through coordination with Enterprise Architecture, Project Managers, ESS IT Service Delivery, Customer Development & Innovation (CD&I), and external vendor teams. This role provides technical and business guidance, review and oversight of related work products, and serves as an escalation point to ensure the project managers and external vendor teams deliver application and infrastructure projects on time, on budget, with first time quality, and with adherence to stated business requirements. The Sr. Program Manager maintains an active level of awareness on project status, risks, and issues for all projects under his/her responsibility. The Sr. Program Manager maintains a strong knowledge of and relationship with ESS IT and CD&I Leadership and understands their challenges, working style, and operational requirements.
• This IT position is a key role in the Enterprise Analytics team supporting the Enterprise Data Lake ecosystem. Enterprise Analytics plays an integral role leading the technology implementation program to build and deliver a holistic view of business data and information to support the enterprise wide analytics roadmap.
• This role will provide program management oversight of the IT team responsible for designing and implementing the technology portion of the Enterprise Data Lake ecosystem employed selected by the Enterprise Analytics team.
• This role is an IT leader that partners with both Enterprise Analytics, business, and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions align with the overall Enterprise Analytics Roadmap mission, vision, strategy, goals and objectives.
• Manage to both program/project performance (e.g., delivery on commitments, quality, responsiveness, reliability, service levels) and financial performance (e.g., business case) expectations.
• Actively manage the assigned resources and external vendor(s) in the execution of Enterprise Solution project tasks (e.g., business requirements, functional spec, use cases).
• Establish and maintain appropriate business relationships across ESS IT and Business organizations. Act as focal point for assigned Enterprise project-related activities.
• Maintain awareness and oversight of project activities to ensure a timely resolution of project execution issues, including changes in scope, quality/reliability issues, and resource constraints. Responsible for project sponsor satisfaction with project delivery and functionality.
• Responsible for ensuring Enterprise projects follow company’s standard project development methodology and that the project conforms to company defined standards for security and technical architecture.
• Provide the assigned Project Manager with proper staffing, estimates of efforts, oversight, path for escalation, process compliance, and product quality for IT related activities in project execution.
• Maintain awareness and oversight of projects to ensure compliance with company’s IT PMO policies and procedures and where applicable, additional alignment with Capital Project Management Project Delivery processes.
• Minimum education required of the position: Bachelor's degree in related field such as business, engineering, computer science, or IT (or equivalent work experience). MBA or graduate degree in IT, computer science, or engineering or relevant discipline preferred.
• Minimum experience required of the position: 5+ years of leading development projects, preferably within the energy industry.
• Project management experience. Working knowledge of multiple application & infrastructure platforms, development methodologies.
• Experience in project delivery in highly outsourced environments.
• Supervisory experience (manager of cross-functional teams).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to lead using informal authority to drive organizational objectives (internal and external resources).
• Strong analytical and financial management skills. Experience with electric utility grid technologies (e.g., smart grid, AMI, EAM, SCADA, ADMS, DA, OMS, etc.) and associated products and services preferred.
• Experience in large scale or enterprise projects, including data architecture and/or analytics leadership experience (e.g., data architect, analytics architect, solution architect level experience).
• Experience with big data, electric utility, and customer systems preferred.
• Experience with agile development methodology.
• Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
• Requires understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines.
• Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team.
• Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the sub-function.
• Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues.
Job Code: 7916848 - 12/14/17
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869