Software Test Engineer - java 9312
Location: St Louis, Mo
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: 6-12 months
Title: Senior Software Test Engineer Speciality
Location: O’Fallon, MO (5555)
Duration: 6 Months
Possibility of Extension: Yes
Reason for Hire: New need
How Soon Needed: ASAP
Daily Schedule(Hours): 8am-5pm
Rounds of Interviews: 1st round- 30min phone screen | 2nd round- face to face with him and a colleague
Years of Experience Needed: Min 5 Years
1. Agile Software Engineer in Test – Understanding the requirements, test pyramid concepts
2. Writing test cases in ALM – test case mgmt., and defect management
3. Writing test automation code using Java, TestNG, junit, maven/ant, sql programming
4. Good understanding on CI/CD, Jenkins, Sonar code quality measures
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing authentication and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will lead software engineering projects, develop software and deliver enhanced software solutions. Candidate will research alternative technical solutions for changing business needs and be responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the required service levels.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Partner with project managers to lead day to day software development efforts.
• Assist in day to day software development efforts including programming.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Collaborate with business and technical partners
• Assist in the evaluation of 3rd parties and 3rd party products.
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices.
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
• Ensure adherence to established software development process.
• Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
• Collaborate with development staff on software designs
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 5 to 8 years of experience in related field, including 5 to 8 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Key Technology Areas:
• Java, J2EE, Java Messaging Service
• Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL)
• Agile development methodology
• Mobile application development a plus
Job Code: 9312 - 12/18/17
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869