Senior System Support Engineer/Windows - GA
Location: Alpharetta, GA 30005
Salary: 75-95 +Bonus
Close Date: Direct
Title: Senior System Support Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
The Senior Systems Support Engineer is responsible for the support of the server solutions. Works closely with other departments to ensure the timely support of all products. Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and provide timely completion respecting the organizational level and service level agreements in place.
Has a thorough understanding of all tasks assigned to the LSIS department. A Sr. System Support Engineer must have a subject matter expert (SME) level of knowledge on server architecture or networking.
• Maintain technical knowledge of server-based products
• Gain a thorough understanding of each production system, application and the processes and procedures followed by internal and Customer users to identify opportunities for operations efficiency
• Provide remote and phone support for tier 2 technical issues related to the systems/Products
• Document technical process, procedures, build documents and checklists
• 24/7 On-call support
• Create, maintain and update various troubleshooting procedures, knowledge bases, technical bulletins.
• Reviewing new technologies as needed
• Establish root causes for problems, and communicate incident reports to clients
• Remotely build, configure and install Windows and Linux -based systems.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent strongly desired
• 4+ years of Linux/Windows system installation, support and maintenance
• 1+ years of database management
• 1+ years of SQL, MySQL or other database architecture
• 1+ years of process design and implementation
• 2 + years on-the-job scripting and operations
• 2+ years of development with at least three programming/scripting languages
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• SQL Scripting.
• Shell scripting. (awk, sed, and/or Perl)
• Windows Batch/Powershell Scripting.
• Windows Management Instrumentation.
• Hewlett-Packard Operations Orchestration.
• Microsoft Office applications
• Linux System administration (Red Hat, Debian and/or Ubuntu)
• Windows System administration (Server 2008+)
• Knowledge of best practices relating to data security.
• TCP/IP networking.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team
Job Code: Senior System Support Engineer/Windows
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869