MANAGER OF INFORMATION SECURITY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING
Location: St Louis, Mo
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: Direct
-MANAGER OF INFORMATION SECURITY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING-
St. Louis office for a full-time Manager of Information Security and Business Continuity Planning. A minimum of ten years of progressive experience in computing and information security, including experience with Internet technology and security issues is required. Qualified applicants will have a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree, experience in a law firm, and CISSP or other security certifications.
Experience should include security policy development, security education, network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessments, risk analysis and compliance testing. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Serves as an internal information security consultant to the firm.
• Advises the firm on current information security issues, technologies, and related regulatory issues.
• Coordinates the activities of the Information Security Committee.
• Assists in and coordinates development of policies and procedures regarding business continuity planning, loss prevention, fraud prevention, and privacy.
• Coordinates security efforts across the firm, including administrative departments and legal practice departments.
• Manages the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
• Ensures information security policies and procedures are implemented in the organization.
• Ensures security provisions are maintained and updated.
• Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to enhance information security awareness within the organization.
• Identifies and incorporates industry security standards where applicable.
• Prioritizes security initiatives.
• Assists in coordinating IT security projects.
• Assists in the development of network access and monitoring policies.
• Assists in development of risk management assessments and remediations plans.
• Assists in development of emergency procedures, incident responses, and contingency plans.
• Investigates and reports security breaches.
• Assists in administering security related disciplinary procedures.
• Conducts audits to find vulnerabilities in the security platform, procedures, and workflows.
• Ensures security considerations are incorporated into the planning process for any firm mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures.
• Must be knowledgeable of information security standards (e.g., ISO 27002), rules, and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) and desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles for risk identification and analysis is desired.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
• Must possess strong consultative skills.
Technical Background Skills
1. Experience in a law firm or professional services business is preferred.
2. Should possess CISSP or other security certifications.
3. Experience should include security policy development, security education, network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessments, risk analysis and compliance testing.
4. Important to have relevant technical depth.
5. Ability to effectively manage people.
Salary Range; 130,000-140,000; cannot go over 150,000
Thompson Coburn LLP, is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance & ADD policies
• Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Parental Leave
• Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
• Parking/Transportation Stipend
• Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation Time
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
• Long Term Care
Job Code: Security Direct
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869