Network Engineer 9341
Location: St Louis
Close Date: 12 months +
Location: St. Louis
Length: 12 months
Extension/Conversion: Possibility for extension
Reason for Hire: Organic growth
How Soon Needed: Sooner the better
Daily Schedule(Hours): 8am-5pm
Rounds of Interviews: 1st round phone screen, 2nd round f2f(skype for non-local)
Years of Experience Needed: 2-3 in network and automation, 5+ overall
1) Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
2) Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
3) Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
Purpose of the Team: The Network Solutions Design team responsibilities include:
• Global network design and network/component standards, network roadmaps, audit compliance; investigation, testing, and deployment of new technologies to fit business needs
• Perform a consultative role to both internal and external customers and at all levels of the organization Purpose of the position includes:
• Network design, architecture, and implementation oversight including associated documentation • Network security infrastructure solutions
• Cloud network engineering for on, and off-premises cloud services
• Network automation using software defined networks, continuous integration & delivery technologies
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever designed and work with a cross-functional team to deploy a Cloud networks, CI/CD, and SDN solutions on a global scale?
• Have you ever analyzed, tested, authored high level and low level design, and brought any new technology solution to implementation?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting?
Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively.
• Design, engineer, document and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines, emphasis on cloud networks, SDN, automation CI/CD, security postures, access control, and infrastructure including associated documentation.
• Provide strategic technical direction on highly complex network projects covering standards, roadmaps, etc.
• Manage several projects pertaining to corporate and security applications inclusive of but not limited to; cloud, corporate or security projects, mergers & acquisitions
• Research and develop innovative solutions
• Provide fourth level support; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
All About You
• Network engineering, design, and architecture expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, security, QoS, SDN, Cloud On and Off premises, CI/CD automation, and encryption technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, very knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Extensive networking knowledge with a large mutli-site IP Telephony and network access control deployment including security best practices
• Firewall experience: Cisco ASA/CSM, Palo Alto and Checkpoint Secure Platform
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio; routers, switches, load balancing, wireless, ACS, ISE, Cisco Prime LMS/NCS, Cisco AnyConnect, and IP Telephony/Call Manager
• Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, BGP, eBGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies; and Expert knowledge of security and encryption technologies including; IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls, certificates, and SSL/MSSL Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem resolving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs; solid web applications and technologies a plus; Cisco certifications such as CCNP or CCDP desired but not required; Security certifications such SSCP or CISSP desired but not required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Code: 9341
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869