Java Architect 252556
Location: St Louis
St. Louis has an opening for a Java/JEE Application Architect for a multi-phase software development effort. The candidate will work with a team of Java developers, architects and designers to implement the application to the specified business requirements. The Architect must understand and translate business objectives into an application design, transition the application into operational status, and assist with application support and maintenance.
• Identify and promote the use of industry standard software development best practices.
• Assist with application business analysis, joint application design and application prototyping sessions.
• Interpret business analysis documentation (including Use Cases and Software Requirements Specifications) and produce object-oriented software design artifacts.
• Perform application coding as directed; as much as 40% of assignment will likely involve coding activities.
• Actively participate in code walkthroughs.
• Assist with estimation of development deliverables and system deployment tasks.
• Mentor development team in:
• Object-oriented design and development techniques,
• Java development best practices and organizational standards
• Test Driven Development
• Secure coding standards and best practices
• Expert at concepts such as OO design and implementation, workflow, transaction lifecycles, and component models.
• Proficiency in creating enterprise-wide business solutions using current web technologies.
• Design, develop and promote reusable common software components.
• Experience working as Software/Application Architect.
• 5+ years of programming/architecture experience in enterprise-level applications using Java (Java SE 7) and JEE (Java EE 6), including JMS, JMX, and JPA.
• 2+ years experience developing for Oracle WebLogic and Tomcat application servers.
• Experience with component software development, including Spring (Core, Security, Data/JPA, Boot, Batch, Integration, LDAP), and Hibernate
• Experienced with object-oriented software design patterns.
• Experience with web and application server environments on Solaris/SPARC or Linux platforms.
• Experience with the UML modeling.
• Experience with XML and web services (Apache CXF and WS-I Security).
Individuals at this level are expected to:
• Present ideas assertively, aggressively and not be easily ignored.
• Be persuasive, articulate, and organized in their presentation skills.
• Carry themselves well in-group settings.
• Listen and promote open communication upward, downward and cross-functionally.
• Write meaningful complex documents such as coding specifications, network diagrams and architecture proposals.
Job Code: 252556
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869