Company: CompuScienceIT, LLC
Location: St Louis, Mo
Status: Contract to Direct
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: 12 Months +
Sr PA-Java; Full Stack/Presentation Developer
• IS Portfolio is looking a difference maker to help our group increase velocity against a large and important backlog of work on a complex, large-scale Portfolio Review and Trading web application.
• You would work closely with our area's Technical Architect, Product Owners, and other Application Subject Matter Experts to quickly deploy your skills in the most efficient/effective way possible.
• General day to day activities would largely revolve around understanding a complex User Story and, subsequently, designing/coding/testing/demonstrating a viable solve to the story.
• You will participate in traditional Agile team ceremonies and, additionally, assist our TA, POs and SMEs in Program Increment type planning.
• Given the application will be used multiple times daily by 25,000 individuals, performance is paramount. A responsibility of this role will be to work with our in-house performance teams to analyze client and server-side performance bottlenecks and come up with solutions to address identified issues.
• As a member of the respective agile team, collaboration among members of the team is important and participation in peer review code walkthroughs will be a key opportunity to share your expertise across the team.
• Demonstrable experience contributing work on a large-scale system, providing new functionality while maintaining existing functionality.
• Technical skills required include:
o Ability to develop JEE web applications in/with:
• Struts application framework
• Spring application framework specifically (Boot & Data JPA)
• JavaServer Pages
o Able to leverage common development principles and pipeline tools, including:
• Testing Frameworks: jUnit (with and without Mockito/Powermock)
• Build Frameworks/Management: Maven, Gradle, & Jenkins
• Code Management: Github & Sonar
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of Java and front-end development experience along with good analysis and trouble-shooting skills are required.
• Prior experience working on Agile teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
Job Code: 19202046990
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869