Company: NextGen Information Systems
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Direct or Contract to Direct
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: Contract to Direct
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
• Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
• Meet with business partners to understand business needs
• Responsible for overall design of the solution
• Design, build and test applications
• Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. Strong working knowledge of JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc. Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus. Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures.
1. Experience with Angular 8.0, Node.js, GO Lang, MongoDB, GIT, Kafka, cloud, containerization, orchestration, and Scrum strongly preferred. Ability to research and learn new technologies as needed required.
2. Work with team of 5-8 junior and senior level software developers in defining, writing, testing, and promoting working code for review, feedback, and acceptance by others.
3. Conduct code reviews and mentor other developers on coding best practices
4. Evaluate priorities and overcome challenges to deliver quality, maintainable solutions, on time, with minimal tech debt.
5. Promote and evolve SDLC best practices and drive continuous improvement of software engineering methods, standards, and processes
6. Must communicate regularly on progress, challenges, corrections, and learning/training opportunities for the group.
Job Code: 3305
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869