Company: NextGen Information Systems
Location: St Louis, Mo
Salary: Market Sr
Close Date: 12 Months +
Seeking a Lead Data Engineer - Contractor for a 12-month contract to develop effective and efficient database release deliverables into all development, test and production environments. The Contractor will assure the database release, along with its associated software, satisfies the business requirements of our customer for systems that are critical to the infrastructure of the Department of the Treasury. The Contractor also will design well-coded database objects such as stored procedures, Oracle packages, functions, and views, as well as database PL/SQL scripts used for data migration, fixes, transformations and test data generation; and, prepares, tests and maintains database release code throughout the project’s Software Development Life Cycle.
• Develop, enhance and troubleshoot complex data engineering and data integration platforms developed in oracle, Informatica, and scripting languages (i.e., shell and python); and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
• Support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
• Develop software in distributed system/Cloud environment using BIG data technologies. (e.g., Hadoop, RDS, Oracle, Cassandra, NoSQL etc.).
• Perform other team contribution duties as required such as, but not limited to, peer code reviews, database defect support, as well as provides backup production support as needed.
• Work closely with DevOps to package releases and ensure the process follows change management.
• Implement large-scale projects in both waterfall and agile.
• Incubate and influence innovative technologies to solve complex database and data processing issues to revolutionize the enterprise data management and add value to business; including, hands-on experience in key technologies, methodologies and run POC’s independently.
• Manage expectations of software delivery with stake holders, resource planning, and effort estimation and drive the data projects for technically sound solutions.
• Develop effective internal and external networking and relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major or specialized courses in Information Technology or commensurate experience
• 10 years’ related experience
• Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions
• Experience in implementing MDM, data lake
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift etc.,
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Knowledge of tools like GitHub, Ansible and bamboo
• Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
• Must be resourceful and creative in identifying ways to mitigate issues and risks to avoid project delays.
• Extremely effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Travel (5%)
• Position requires US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency
Job Code: 3602
Website: http://(c) 636-484-6869 * (o) 636-681-1818 Call me anytime
Jim Jennings 636-484-6869